Saturday, January 15, 2011

pray - JB

I just can't sleep tonight.
Knowing that things ain't right. - Justin Bieber


It has already been 15 days into the new year of 2011.
And things in uni are good. At least, now I feel like my lectures sort of feel more medical related.
In the beginning, in semester 1, we were learning about biochemistry, which is about as interesting as my toes.
We slaved through stuff like behavioral science which had stuff, what are the four types of memories? Or what is pain? It was torturous.
Let's not forget about pharmacodynamics and pharmackinetics, which I still have trouble understanding o.o
Community medicine was still not that bad, with stuff like how waste water was maintained in Malaysia and about maternal health etc.

BUT it still didn't feel medicine-ly enough. NOW, we're really doing stuff I feel like I can call myself a medical student. For instance, my last lecture on Friday was about the major arteries and veins in the upper limbs. The lecturer, Nilesh Kumar was good so it was a fairly okay lecture, though I did fall asleep a little in the beginning so I chewed gum.

Hm, so far this year, it doesn't feel any different. Pastor Jojo was talking about how we shouldn't be focusing on making it a great year, but a Godly one. Hmm, uni just ended with its second week. Life at the moment is good, typical university lifestyle.

Had the most interesting conversation with Pastor Tim the other night after LG. I'm still not used to a pastor, well, technically, head pastor, taking the time to hang out with the students in his church. And, he's a very busy man, I'm sure, what with his business and his ministry. I thoroughly enjoyed his humorous company and we all even went to mamak after at Steven's. The night was all laughter, well most of it at least. :) But it felt good. He gave me some really good advice which I'm praying will work.

So, so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment