Thursday, June 2, 2011

one of those moments


 A song that totally depicts my life right now. 

I used to think
I had the answers to everything,
But now I know
Life doesn't always go my way, yeah...
Feels like I'm caught in the middle
That's when I realize...

[Chorus:]
I'm not a girl,
Not yet a woman.
All I need is time,
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.

[Verse 2]
I'm not a girl,
There is no need to protect me.
It's time that I
Learn to face up to this on my own.
I've seen so much more than you know now,
So don't tell me to shut my eyes.

[Chorus]

I'm not a girl,
But if you look at me closely,
You will see it my eyes.
This girl will always find
Her way.

I'm not a girl
(I'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe).
Not Yet a woman
(I'm just trying to find the woman in me, yeah).
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine (That is mine),
While I'm in between.

I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.

I'm not a girl,
Not yet a woman. 


There are days when I get this feeling deep inside the pit of my stomach.
It goes by many names: "Anguish", "Despair", "Self pity".  
Pick your poison.

I never used to feel this way so why now?
I can get so depressed about nothing really. 
I just feel.. so sad. 
The only odd thing is, this feeling only reveals itself when I'm alone. or have been alone for a long time.

I don't know if everyone's just been busy with life, but I feel like everyone's moving forward.
Moving on in life, with their responsibilities, tasks, assignments, examinations.
Then, I'm sitting there, wondering 'Where has everyone gone?'

I hope this is only temporary.. I hope it goes away.
I've lost count of the number of times I've gone to sleep with a sense of doom looming overhead.
It hasn't been occurred in a while.. but this dark gloomy pit feeling was quick to substitute.

I feel so alone. 

It's funny because it used to be that if I dwell on it, then it'll progress and the wound gets deeper. bloodier.
But now, the feeling just comes whenever it wants. 

We all wear masks, to hide the monstrous atrocities we hold within.
Okay, maybe monstrous is a little of an exaggeration.. but it's ugly. 
Definitely ugly, and painful. 
Oh so very painful.


2011 has been a year with nothing but new experiences, good and the bad.

And it's only just reached June. 
May was a bad month, 
please God, let June be a better one.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandra,
    I used to feel like that in one half years ago. I understand where you are coming from, and trust me, it will soon be better.

    It may seem like everyone's moving on, but they will always lend you a shoulder when you open to them. It took me a long time to figure that out, but when I do, the burden just miraculously halves when there's a listener.

    you will be in my prayers. :)
    With love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete