Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bombay Ada Masalah

Bombay Masala was a huge disappointment. I went to the one at RH, which is the area you pass when you're coming down or going to the airport. It's directly opposite The Four Points Hotel so it's hard to miss.

Having lived in KL for almost two years now, I kind of gotten used to the mamak food so abundantly available.
So of course, after having spent close to almost two months in Kuching, I had my cravings for a particular garlic cheese naan dipped in condense milk.. mmmmmm...

Anyway, there have been a sudden burst of indian cuisine cafes opening up all across Kuching lately, Bombay Masala being one of them. From the outside, it looks too clean to be a mamak (but it just opened so yeah.) so I had my doubts about it at first. I thought it was like a fancy restaurant or something. So I googled their menu online and came across this blog which mentioned that the food wasn't too bad and they even took some pictures.

Okay, technically it was my fault because I just woke up at the time so I was ravenous for anything really. But the pictures did look pretty good so I figured why not? It's probably the closest I'm going to get to a real garlic cheese naan anyway. So I went over with some friends. Okay, first of all, one thing anyone should know about me is you do not mess with me when I'm hungry. Haha so imagine my expression when we arrived and they said basically, everything was 'Don't have..'.

We sat down and asked for the menu. I was so happy at the thought, finally! I get to taste naan again!

Me: Can I have the garlic cheese naan?
Waitress: Don't have..
Me: ........ Okay.. is it only... hanya petang.. atau malam.. ada saja?
Waitiress: Don't have..
Phoebs: ... Yeah..... so bila ada? Malam? Pagi?
Waitress: Don't have..
Me: -.- *thinking* @!#!!#$!@$@$Q!@#!@# Er.. okay.. Nasi briyani ayam madu, satu? And satu teh tarik. The blog had a picture of it which looked pretty good.
Waitress: Okay.
Evone: Dua.. dua nasi briyani ayam madu.

5 minutes later..

Waitress: Itu nasi briyani sedikit saja. Hanya cukup untuk seorang..
Me: -.- *thinking* @#!#@!$!@#@!#@!#@! Fine. Maggie mee goreng satu.

10 minutes later..

Waitress: Itu nasi briyani.. kering dah.. (something like that. I only heard the word 'kering')
Evone: -.- Fine. Maggie mee goreng dua.

30-40minutes later..

My maggie mee goreng was plain yellowish in colour and it was kinda soggy? I was probably too hungry to judge rationally but Evone said it sucked. I was so annoyed I didn't even bother to take pictures. Just take my word for it. It. Sucked. But my friends said there's a nice naan place at 7th Mile so I might go try my luck there. Moral of the story: Do Not Go To Bombay Masala. -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment