Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crappiest movie of 2010


I downloaded this new movie I found online a while ago - 'Skyline'. The title sounds pretty cool, the movie posters looks interesting enough. Do.Not. Be. Fooled. 'Skyline' is the crappiest sci-fi movie I've ever had the displeasure of viewing, I didn't even have to pay to watch it and I'm still complaining. The first few scenes are okay, average starter scenes and I'm just sitting there, waiting for something interesting or out of the blue to pop out or an alien head, something!

The first scene, if I'm not mistaken, is of a couple in a bedroom and a strange bright light is shining through their curtains. Okay, this part was still alright. It got me curious so I kept watching. Then, some weird freaky alien thing happens to the guy (jealous boyfriend guy from The OC) when he looks at the light. Still okay, still reasonably intriguing. I keep watching.

It goes on to another guy (Turk from Scrubs.) This is where I get a feeling the movie's going to be bad. One thing, I'm not a fan of Scrubs, I don't understand the whole fascination with it. The characters in the show are painfully unfunny and they always do a bunch of really stupid stuff. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'm glad it ended. Anyway, some party scene, Turk cheats on his blonde girlfriend (Older-Looking-Mean-Girl from White Chicks movie.) Blah blah blah. The thing is, it's already like maybe 40-50 minutes into the movie, and there's no climax, there's no indication of what the movie's about at all. It's like they're showing the really unimportant stuff like there's no buildup from the main character and his role in the movie.

Bleh. The plot, if that's what you call it, has no substance. At the end of the day, the movie is just basically about aliens attacking Earth by emitting their mystical-magical-light beam which causes people to be attracted to it. Then, when they get close enough, the aliens grab the humans and rip their brains out, which they then proceed to eat. -.-

I actually can't believe I stayed to finish the whole movie. I just kept hoping that, maybe, the movie will turn around and get decent. Maybe. Nah.

The ending is even more ridiculous. Eventually, the couple, after a heroic effort in fending of the aliens, get taken up into the mother ship with all the other humans. But then, the boyfriend's brain is magically very special, such that it glows a different colour. When an alien eats it or whatever, the alien is magically possessed by the boyfriend or it becomes the boyfriend. Then, it tries to defend his girlfriend from other aliens. -.- THE END.

What. A. Waste. Of. My. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment